Who is this lesson for?
Manly Surf School Elite Training Division has been coaching advanced surfers since 1994.
The High Performance Surf Centre is a Training facility for surfers of all levels who want to improve their surfing, health and fitness. Our team of experienced personal trainers and surf coaches offer surf specific; one on one sessions, group classes and customised programmes to help transform the way you move - and therefor improve you surfing.
When you combine professional surf coaching with surf specific dry land training your surfing progression will skyrocket!
We train all ages and all levels of surfers, from WCT hopefuls to 'weekend warriors' recovering from knee injuries. So if you are serious about making the most out of your time in the water then pick up the phone today.
What we offer:
- Personal Training
- Group Circuit Classes
- Skate lessons
Matt is currently coaching Nathan Hedge and Cooper Chapman on the WQS (World Qualifying Series) 2014
Nathan is currently 3rd on the WQS tour Cooper Chapman finished 3rd on the Australian Junior series 2014 and is currently 64 on theWQS
Don’t let Cooper’s aerial repertoire fool you – he isn’t afraid to lay it on rail. Cooper was rated the number one Aussie world junior going into the ASP World Juniors in 2012. Matt is also currently coaching Austrailan U18 champion Fraser Dovell and Australian U16 runnerup Harley Ross Webster
Sophia Bernard currently ranked 3rd on the Australasia Junior Womens Tour 2014
Laura Enever currently 9th on the Womens world Surfing Tour
Our current elite squad also includes Sandon Whittacker, Macy Callaghan (current aussie champ), Finn Hill, Ben Hucker, Ben Walsh, and Darcy Crump.
Groms squads also consist of Harmon Kassulke, Kobi Clements, Max McGuigan, Tasman Grainger, Pat Hardman, Bella Grainger, Ethan Raper, Dylan Moffat, Lachy King, Alysse Cooper (runner up aussie champ), Winter Vincent, Jamie Thomson, Gabe Ley and heaps more young rippers.
Matt became the NSW Institute of Sport coach for Surfing Australia in 1997 coaching such ASP World Tour athletes as Adrian Buchan, Owen Wright, Glenn”micro” Hall, Chelsea Georgesen-Hedges, (ASP world Champion 2005) Tom Whitaker and Laura Enever.
Matt and his team have also coached current local up and comers Cooper Chapman (2008 Australian Champion) and Davey Cathels over the years
Matt coached Nathan Hedge as a 11 year old kid. Nathan went on to qualify on the World Tour in 2001. His world tour rankings in 7th (2004), 8th in 2005. Nathan went to win an event in Scotland and was runner up in Tahiti twice and J-Bay once.
The Programs involve Teaching:
- Correct Surfing Technique – through video analysis and photos
- Contest Strategies – how to surf and win heats
- Surfing Fitness and Injury Prevention (Strength and conditioning)
- Sports Psychology – Preparing for big waves, contests
- Surfboard design assistance
- Sponsorship management
Lesson Times and Costs
Elite Afterschool Surfing (17 years and under)
- 8 week program 1.5 hours each week $300pp. 16:00 – 17:30 Mondays at Long Reef, Thursdays at Palm Beach and Fridays at Manly
- OR 1 off session $65 (afterschool group session)
- School holiday 3 hour group session
- For more information on our afterschool programs, please check out our afterschool pages by following the link to our afterschool program page: http://manlysurfschool.com/lessons/after-school-lessons/
School Holiday Programs
- 3 hour beach training 4 days per week from 9am – 12 at Long Reef Beach or Manly Beach (conditions pending).
- 9am – 3pm All day surf, skate and gym. Drop off at the beach and pick up from the HPSC in Cromer. Cost is $110pp per day (for 9 years and over only).
- For more information on our school holiday programs or to book – please follow the link to our school holiday programs page: http://manlysurfschool.com/lessons/school-holiday-program/
Adult Gym Classes
- Cost are $25pp for a casual class or $35pp weekly direct debit for unlimited classes. Bookings Essential.
- Private Personal Training $120pp for an hour per session. This is with our qualified Exercise Physiologist and may be claimable with your Health insurance.
- Please check out the timetable below for adult classes at the Surfers Gym.
- Click here to see the Gym Timetable
- To check out the Surfers Gym Timetable or book into a class, please download the Surfers Gym app available from the app store
Adult Beach Sessions
- Private one on one coaching $120 for a one hour session, or $180 for a 1.5 hour session
For more information on any of the above programs, or to book, please email email@example.com or call the Surfers Gym on (02) 9982 3004.
View the Surfers Gym & HPSC website below:
View website: www.surfersgym.com.au
What to Bring
- Bring a swimsuit & towel to the beach sessions, your own board and wetsuit. A USB key to download your photos and videos from the day.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring water to the gym sessions.
- Wear clothes suited to the weather on the day, and wear lots of sunscreen
- Don’t forget a camera to document the fun you’ll have